Alrighty folks, here are the plans for the Ponca Ride which is Friday June 19th.
- Meet at D Street on Friday morning, early. Real early. Take off time from D Street is 4 AM. Please try to be here ready to go by 4.
- Matt Wills has the route. We'll follow him 155 miles to Ponca State Park and camp on Friday evening. Psycowpath race is Saturday. Camp Saturday evening.
- Sag support will be Steph in my Land Rover as well as a couple of spouses of riders. I have limited space in my vehicle. If you want anything brought up to Ponca, please contact me ahead of time. Please drop off all items to D Street sometime during the week. Suggested items to bring include: tent, sleeping bag, thermarest (or comparable sleeping mattress), pillow, shower supplies, extra clothing, bug spray, headlamp, etc.
- I will have a large cooler for food. If you want to put something in the cooler, let me know. I'd like to have food available for us once we arrive at Ponca State Park.
- The weather forecast is looking good for Friday, but it's still several days away. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't plan on riding in the rain all day. If the weather is crappy, I'll drive up to the race on Saturday and ride back on Sunday weather permitting.
- Riding back? I'm not sure who is planning on riding back. Doesn't sound like anyone has committed yet, but who knows. Maybe, that's all I can say.
- Please come prepared for the long ride ahead and have plenty of cash, sun block, spare tubes, water/water bottles, and front/rear blinky lights. It's gonna be a great day!
- Aaron Gammel is riding up on Saturday. If you'd like to join him post a reply or get ahold of me.