Monday, March 28, 2011
Saturday April 16, 2011 the fourth annual Tour of Dirt Roads will go down. Below is the cue sheet that Schmidty cooked up. Print it off for your viewing pleasure. Ya know, just in case you get separated or lost.
The ride will begin in Havelock at 9 AM (see the cue sheet for exact details). For the that want some coffee before the ride, I will be at Cultiva Cafe on 11th and G in Lincoln at 8 AM. I'll take off around 8:25 to be in Havelock for the start by 9 AM.
After the ride we'll be heading to Pepe's Veggie Mex Bistro for some fine dining. Pepe has specials for all the PCL Tour of Dirt Roads riders. Bike parking on the back deck.
Cross your fingers for dry weather! If it's wet, it probably ain't gonna happen. We'll postpone till a later date.
Don't forget about the PCL Tour of Dirt Roads IV magnets! We'll have a bunch to hand out before and after the ride. Mainly before cuz I don't wanna haul these around.
See ya soon!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Starting today, send a postcard with your name, hometown, email address, age, sex and category (see below) for the event to:
Pirate Cycling League
1510 D Street
Lincoln, NE 68502
The categories for the event are:
- Open men
- Open women
- Masters men (50 years of age+)
- Masters women (50 years of age+)
- Single speed men (includes fixed geared bicycles)
- Single speed women (includes fixed geared bicycles)
As a reminder, the adventure is set for Saturday August 20, 2011. Start time will be 6 AM. The event will start and finish in Lincoln, Nebraska.
A few quick details:
- This is a self supported event - Yes, you are responsible for you! If you gotta pull the plug on the side of the gravel road, be sure you have someone available to pick you up!
- The course will NOT be marked. A cue sheet will be distributed prior to the event.
- All riders are required to have a cyclo computer that can track mileage - Yes, we will verify that you completed the entire distance at the end.
- Riders will be required to purchase a Nebraska Powerball Lottery ticket at each "checkpoint" as proof of reaching the checkpoint.
- The checkpoints will be small town gas station convenience stores. If you need fluids and sustenance, buy it there!
- The distance will be roughly 150 miles with around 8,000 to 11,000 feet of vertical elevation gain.
- This is a free event (except the four to five lottery tickets you gotta buy for a buck).
- The Golden Rule applies to this event. If someone needs help, stop and help out.
Questions, comments, concerns? Post here or send me an email.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Here's the low down on the PCL kits. Anyone can place an order. The deadline for ordering is April 29, 2011. After the deadline the kits will be made by Voler and shipped around the end of June 2011. Your order will be shipped from Voler to PCL headquarters in Lincoln, NE where they can be picked up or shipped to the owners.
Please be aware we are not responsible for exchanging items that don't fit. Read the size guide on the Voler website for details.
1. Go to the Voler PCL order page here.
2. Create an account
3. Select items and place order
4. Wait for items to be shipped at the end of June
The prices below are contingent on us meeting the minimums. We set a 50 piece minimum for the short sleeve jerseys and bottoms and a 15 piece minimum for the long sleeve stuff. Please note that there are nicer bottoms for a little bit more money.
$62.00 for s/s Jersey
$87.00 for l/s Jersey
$61.00 for shorts
$65.00 for bibs
You can also order wind jackets, knickers, skinsuits, thermal jackets, or vests. Also male OR female Pirates cut items are available as well as Race cut OR Club cut.
PCL tech caps
PCL tech caps