The date is set! The Inaugural Gravel World Championship - The Good Life Gravel Adventure will take place on Saturday August 21, 2010. Start time will be 6 AM. The event will start and finish in Lincoln, Nebraska.
A few quick details:
- This is a self supported event - Yes, you are responsible for you! If you gotta pull the plug on the side of the gravel road, be sure you have someone available to pick you up!
- The course will NOT be marked. A cue sheet will be distributed prior to the event.
- All riders are required to have a cyclo computer that can track mileage - Yes, we will verify that you completed the entire distance at the end.
- Riders will be required to purchase a Nebraska Powerball Lottery ticket at each "checkpoint" as proof of reaching the checkpoint.
- The checkpoints will be small town gas station convenience stores. If you need fluids and sustenance, buy it there!
- The distance will be roughly 150 miles with around 5,000 to 8,000 feet of vertical elevation gain.
- This is a free event (except the four to five lottery tickets you gotta buy for a buck).
- The Golden Rule applies to this event. If someone needs help, stop and help out.
Also, note the 2010 PCL calendar of events to the right on the side bar!