XXC Mag recently had a Gravel Worlds preview on their blog. Check it out here! Thanks XXC! Be sure to check out that mag. It's available electronically or in print. Great stuff! Inspiring.
Registration for the 2011 Gravel World Championship/The Good Life Gravel Adventure is still open! Get a postcard into the address below if you want in on some of the action.
Send a postcard with your name, hometown, email address, age, sex and category (see below) for the event to:
Pirate Cycling League
1510 D Street
Lincoln, NE 68502
The categories for the event are:
- Open men
- Open women
- Masters men (50 years of age+)
- Masters women (50 years of age+)
- Single speed men (includes fixed geared bicycles)
- Single speed women (includes fixed geared bicycles)
As a reminder, the adventure is set for Saturday August 20, 2011. Start time will be 6 AM. The event will start and finish in Lincoln, Nebraska.
A few quick details:
- This is a self supported event - Yes, you are responsible for you! If you gotta pull the plug on the side of the gravel road, be sure you have someone available to pick you up!
- The course will NOT be marked. A cue sheet will be distributed prior to the event.
- All riders are required to have a cyclo computer that can track mileage - Yes, we will verify that you completed the entire distance at the end.
- Riders will be required to purchase a Nebraska Powerball Lottery ticket at each "checkpoint" as proof of reaching the checkpoint.
- The checkpoints will be small town gas station convenience stores. If you need fluids and sustenance, buy it there!
- The distance will be roughly 150 miles with around 8,000 to 11,000 feet of vertical elevation gain.
- This is a free event (except the four to five lottery tickets you gotta buy for a buck).
- The Golden Rule applies to this event. If someone needs help, stop and help out.
Questions, comments, concerns? Post here or send me an email.